How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar UID for Income Tax e-Filing
Govt of India Ministry of Finance Department of Revenue, Central Board of Direct Taxes has released a Press note on Linking PAN-Perminent Account Number with Aadhaar for Income Tax e-filing Easy. Income Tax Department simplifies linking PAN with Aadhaar The Income Tax Department has made it easy for taxpayers to link their PAN with Aadhaar. Responding to grievances of taxpayers regarding difficulties in linking PAN with Aadhaar their names did not match in both systems (Eg. Names with initials in one and expanded initials in another). the Department has come out with a simple solution now. how-to-link-pan-card-with-aadhaar-uid-income-tax-efiling
|How to Link PAN Card with Aadhaar UID for Income Tax e-Filing|
Process to Link your PAN Card with Aadhaar UID at Official Website
- Taxpayers can go to www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
- Click on the link on the left pane-> Link Aadhaar
- Provide PAN, Aadhaar no. and ENTER NAME EXACTLY AS GIVEN IN AADHAAR CARD (avoid spelling mistakes) and submit.
- After verification from UIDAI, the linking will be confirmed.
- In case of any minor mismatch in Aadhaar name provided by taxpayer when compared to the actual data in Aadhaar, One Time Password (Aadhaar OTP) will be sent to the mobile registered with Aadhaar.
- Taxpayers should ensure that the date of birth and gender in PAN and Aadhaar are exactly same.
- In a rare case where Aadhaar name is completely different from name in PAN, then the linking will fail and taxpayer will be prompted to change the name in either Aadhaar or in PAN database.
- This facility is also available after login on the e-filing website under Profile settings and choose Aadhaar linking.
- The details as per PAN will be pre-populated. Enter Aadhaar no. and ENTER NAME EXACTLY AS GIVEN IN AADHAAR CARD (avoid spelling mistakes) and submit.
There is no need to login or be registered on E-filing website. This facility can be used by anyone to link their Aadhaar with PAN.
Taxpayers are requested to use the simplified process to complete the linking of Aadhaar with PAN immediately. This will be useful for E-Verification of Income Tax returns using OTP sent to their mobile registered with Aadhaar.