Wednesday, October 1, 2014


ALLOWANCES – Dearness Allowance – Dearness Allowance to the State Government Employees from 1st July 2014 – Sanctioned – Orders – Issued.
DA TO STATE Govt Employees | Dearness Allowence to Employees of Telangana State 

  1. The Dearness Allowance sanctioned in the paras 1-9 above shall be paid in cash with the salary of October, 2014, payable on 1st November, 2014. The arrears on account of payment of Dearness Allowance for the period from 1st July, 2014 to 30th September, 2014shall be credited to the General Provident Fund Account of the respective employees.
  2. However, in the case of employees who are due to retire on or before 31st December, 2014 the arrears of Dearness Allowance shall be drawn and paid in cash as the employee due to retire on superannuation is exempted from making any subscription to the General Provident Fund during the last four months of service.
  3. In respect of those who do not have General Provident Fund accounts, the arrears of Dearness Allowance for the period of 1st July, 2014 to 30th September, 2014 shall be credited to the Major Head “8009 - State Provident Funds – 01 Civil – M.H.101. General Provident Fund- S.H.(01) General Provident Fund (Regular)”, to be transferred to the General Provident Fund Account whenever opened. However, in the case of an employee who ceases to be in service prior to the opening of a General Provident Fund account, the arrears so impounded shall be drawn and paid with interest on the date on which such employee ceases to be in service.
  4. In respect of the employees who were appointed to Government service on or after 01.09.2004 and are governed by the Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS), the arrears from 1stJuly, 2014 to 30th September, 2014, 10% of the DA arrears shall be credited to the PRAN accounts of the individuals along with the government share as per G.O. at reference 23rd read above and the remaining 90% of arrears shall be paid in cash.
  5. In respect of Full Time Contingent Employees, who are not eligible for GPF Accounts, the arrears may be paid in cash.
  6. In the event of death of any employee before the issue of these orders, the legal heir(s) shall be entitled to the arrears of Dearness allowance in cash.